18.9.12

FYI

Fellow mother runners Dimity and Sarah started a 10 questions game and I figured this is the kick start to finishing the 50 F title posts. Only a few more to go (big sigh). More on what I've been up to lately but for now...

Q1: Best Run Ever
Without any question is was one taken in February 2007. I went out with a coworker from a new job and we spent more time at coffee after than we did running. I married that man in 2009 and we are both still running - just no longer together as he was holding back and I was pushing to keep up.

The hubs and I this past weekend - ready for our Duathlon
Q2: Three words that describe my running.
Inconsistent, challenging (in the good way), and improving.

Q3: My go to running outfit is...
Without a doubt a Moving Comfort sports bra. More than likely an Icebreaker top. And black capris. Plus my favorite pink Mizuno visor which I had altered to fit my impossibly small head.

Q4: Quirky habit while running.
I'm pretty sure I talk to myself, out loud.

Q5: Morning, midday, evening?
Ideally after breakfast and when it's warm, not cool, or not hot. So approaching fall I'd say between 9 and 10am. Hence why I'm super excited to be coaching a daytime clinic starting I a couple weeks!

Q6: I won't run outside when it's...
Windy. We honestly moved from our old house that was on a windy hill to a better spot because of this. I loathe the wind.

Q7: Worst injury and how I got over it.
I think I'm in my worst. And I don't know exactly what it is. So denial is my getting over it for the mean time. Four more weeks then racing is done for the year.

Q8: I felt most like a badass mother when...
I was 27 weeks preggo and ran a 5 race. When I passed three younger blond girls running together I felt unreal. What is it with you blonds that make us brunettes so competitive with you?

Q9: My next race.
Ambulance Chasers 5km. I've been coaching two groups for this race and their 10km. I am also hoping to PB my 5km injury and all. I PB'd last time injured so why not this time too?

Q10: Potential running goal for 2013.
Well, I guess this depends largely on if I get pregnant this winter. So let's say a) run pregnant as long as possible or b) be injury free and PB my 10km time.


Finishing strong after the duathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment